Vestry Rule of Life
As the Vestry, a gathered body of faithful leaders, we are committed “to being the heart and hands of Christ, nourishing people, transforming lives.” We acknowledge the need to ground ourselves in a Rule of Life which will allow us to live into the fullness of who God is calling us to be.
This Rule will help us to structure our daily lives in the areas of worship and prayer, ministry, formation and re-creation. As we commit to these practices, we hope to deepen our understanding of how God is working in and through us to share the Good News to the world.
By taking part in this Rule of Life, we recognize that each one of us has a perspective and gifts to offer. By entering into this agreement, we are individually committing ourselves to take responsibility for our part in listening for and discerning God’s call as we move into God’s preferred future.
By agreeing to this Rule of Life, we are committing ourselves:
Worship and Prayer
- To attend regular weekly worship services.
- To explore ways to deepen our spiritual practices.
- To commit to make those practices part of our everyday life.
- To pray for ourselves and others.
- To participate in ongoing discernment of our respective gifts and how they may best contribute to the well-being of our worship community and our world.
- To give our time and talent and actively participate in one ministry team.
- To hold ourselves accountable as leaders who will follow through on commitments and meet deadlines.
- To be more conscious of opportunities to invite others to come and partake at God’s table.
- To nourish and support one another as whole individuals.
- To live more boldly into the priesthood of all believers to strengthen the partnership with our clergy.
- To support the parish and its mission through an annual financial commitment.
- To increase our understanding of Christianity.
- To ground ourselves within the Episcopal tradition.
- To participate in at least two formational programs a year.
- To participate in various activities that encourage us to get to know one another.
- To explore our faith through creative practice.
- To make time to appreciate God’s creation.
- To honor the Sabbath by taking time to rest and be renewed.
All these things, we will do with God’s help.